Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hand Actions

There are many things we use are hands for, but oftentimes we can't find the appropriate expression for them. This is a list of those actions:

to hold hands
"The lovers were side-by-side, holding hands, as they walked through the park.
"The mother and son held hands as they walked across the street."

to shake hands
"The businessmen all shook hands before starting the meeting."
"My greatest honor was shaking hands with the president."

to fold one's hands
"The congregation folded their hands and prayed during the church service."
"I was so desperate that I folded my hands and begged my boss not to fire me."

to hold out one's hands
"The begger held out his hands and asked the pedestrians for money."
"The porter held out his hand for a tip."

to wring one's hands
"While the were giving out awards, I was wringing my hands in anticipation."

trembling hands
"I was so nervous during the presentation that my hands were trembling."

No comments:

Post a Comment