Tuesday, December 21, 2010

REVENGE!

If a person does something wrong or hurtful to you, you may feel obliged to do the same to them. This is called revenge, but there are many ways to refer to this satisfying act. They are listed below:

to get revenge - My boss fired me, but I got revenge by burning down his house.

to get someone back - The little boy called me bad names, but I got him back by pushing him in the mud.

to get even - I have to get even with Timmy for slashing my bike tires.

to pay someone back - My brother stole my wife, so I paid him back by poisoning him.



Common Expressions

"It's payback time." - Meaning: It's time to get revenge.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Meaning: Revenge is best when it's cruel.

"Don't get mad. Get even!" - Meaning: It's better to get revenge than be angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment