Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Schedule and Appointments

Your schedule is the list of "things" you need to do throughout the day. It is normally organized by day and time. Those "things" are called appointments. Look at the following dialogue to see the difference:

Person A: Are you busy these days?
Person B: Yes, I have a busy schedule.
Person A: Are you free at 10am tomorrow?
Person B: No, I already have an appointment at 10am, and another one at 11am.
Person A: Would you like to get some lunch then?
Person B: Sorry, I already have a lunch appoinment with my boyfriend.
Person A: You have a boyfriend?


Hot Tip!!! You can use the words together to make the verb schedule an appointment. It has the same meaning as make an appointment.

Example: I tried to schedule an appointment with my psychiatrist, but she was on vacation.


Next, there are some expressions for a busy schedule and a not-so busy schedule:

Busy:
I have a full schedule tomorrow. (no free time)
My schedule is packed. (no free time)
I have a hectic schedule. (busy)
My schedule is tight. (very little gap between appointments)

Not-so Busy: My schedule is open. (a lot of free time)
My schedule is flexible. (I have things to do, but I can do them at different times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment